Awards & Recognitions
Mount Auburn Hospital Awarded the Eisenberg Award as Part of the I-PASS Study Group
Prestigious Award Recognizes Contributions to Improving Patient Safety
Mount Auburn Hospital is leading the way in improving patient care! The Hospital was awarded the highest patient safety and quality award in the county- the prestigious 2016 John M. Eisenberg Award for Innovation in Patient Safety and Quality!
As members of the National Study Group and Site Leads for the I-PASS Mentored Implementation in Harvard Hospitals Study Project, Yvonne Cheung, MD, MPH, CPPS and Alexandra Ferrer, MSW played a prominent role to develop and evaluate the I-PASS program for Mount Auburn Hospital. This esteemed award represents more than 50 leading hospitals in the U.S. working to standardize communications during handoffs of patients between care teams.
This award is just one more recognition of Mount Auburn Hospital’s commitment to ensure safe and high-quality care for our patients.
- 2016: Received Boston Business Journal's Healthiest Employers Award
- 2016: Designated BlueDistinction Center+ for Maternity Care from Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
- 2016: American Heart Association, Get with the Guidelines Stroke Gold Plus Award
Mount Auburn Hospital Physicians named to Boston Magazine's 2015 'Top Doctors' list.
- 2014: Named to the Harvard Pilgrim Health Care Honor Roll
- 2014: Named a Top Performer in Key Quality Measures according to the Joint Commission
- 2014: Named one of the 50 Top Cardiovascular Hospitals in the nation by Truven Health Analytics. Mount Auburn Hospital is a two time winner. The study, now in its 16th year, singles out 50 hospitals that achieve superior clinical outcomes in this critical area of hospital care.
- 2014: Received the Women’s Choice Award for America’s Best Hospitals for Heart Care
- 2014: Received the Women’s Choice Award for America’s 100 Best Hospitals for Patient Experience.
- 2014: Mount Auburn Hospital’s Hoffman Breast Center was approved by the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers. The Hoffman Breast Center at Mount Auburn Hospital, has been granted a three year designation by the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers (NAPBC), a program administered by the American College of Surgeons. Accreditation by the NAPBC is only given to those centers that have voluntarily committed to provide the highest level of quality breast care and that undergo a rigorous evaluation process and review of their performance.
- 2014: Recognized as a HEALTHSTRONG Hospital by iVantage Health Analytics.
- 2014: Received grade A rating from Leapfrog
- 2014: Received American Heart Association’s Gold Plus Stroke Award. Mount Auburn Hospital received the American Stroke Association's Get With The GuidelinesSM - Stroke (GWTG-Stroke) Gold Plus Performance Achievement Award. The award recognizes Mount Auburn Hospital’s commitment and success in implementing excellent care for stroke patients.
- 2014: Became a Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Accredited Center and Quality Improvement Program (MBSAQIP)