Achieve independence in your daily living with the help of our licensed occupational therapists. The Mount Auburn Hospital Occupational Therapy department coordinates closely with your care team to assist you in restoring your functionality after injury or disease.
Inpatient Occupational Therapy
During your hospitalization our Inpatient Occupational Therapists will work with you and your family to transition you to your next level of care. We will train you in self-care, use of adaptive equipment, functional mobility, and cognitive/perceptual activities to promote your independence.
Outpatient Occupational Therapy
Rely on our specialty trained occupational therapists to eliminate barriers in you daily living activities to help you gain back your functionality. All of Mount Auburn Hospital’s occupational therapists are certified hand therapists (CHTs) that specialize in treating conditions of the elbow, wrist and hand.
Conditions We Treat
- Repetitive strain injuries
- Tendonitis/ DeQuervain's/ Tennis elbow
- Carpal tunnel syndrome/ Nerve compression
- Arthritis/Rheumatic diseases
- Trauma and fractures
Components of Treatment
- Fabrication of custom splints to stabilize and/or support joints
- Development of a customized home exercise program
- Exercises and manual therapy to increase muscle and joint function
- Modalities such as moist heat, ultrasound, and iontophoresis
- Instruction in joint protection, workplace modification, and energy conservation
- Teaching techniques to make activities of daily living easier and less painful