Mount Auburn Hospital’s dietetic internship program begins the day after Labor Day in September and ends the following August. We accept two interns each year. Learn more about our clinically-focused dietetic internship.
To apply for the dietetic internship at Mount Auburn Hospital, you must:
- Hold a bachelor’s degree in dietetics, food management or a related field; the degree must include ACEND-accredited coursework requirements
- Applicants must obtain verification by faculty advisor (or intent to complete) academic requirements for the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetic's Didactic Programs in Dietetics (DPD). Applicants can request Declaration of Intent or Verification Statement forms trough DICAS to the DPD Director and electronically sign them to be part of the application.
- Register for the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics’ D&D Digital Online Dietetics Internship Matching Service The on-line application must be completed for the program by February 15, 2017 at 11:59 PM CST. The fee to use DICAS is $50 for the first application submitted and $20 for each additional application.
How to Apply
Apply through the Dietetic Internship Centralized Application System (DICAS). You’ll need to submit:
- Personal statement – Share your professional goals and how the Mount Auburn internship program will help you achieve them
- Official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended should be sent to:
DICAS- Transcript Dept
PO Box 9118
Watertown, Ma 02472
- Three letters of reference will be submitted online to the DICAS reference system.
- Verification Statement – Request DICAS to send your Declaration of Intent of Verification statement to your advisor to verify you have completed or intent to complete the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Didactic Program in Dietetics.
You’ll also need to mail our supplemental application and nonrefundable $60 application fee to:
Emily Lotterhand, MBA, RD, LDN
Dietetic Internship Director
Department of Food and Nutrition
Mount Auburn Hospital
330 Mount Auburn Hospital
Cambridge, MA 02138
If you anticipate needing schedule adjustments or accommodations during your internship, provide information about your request when applying.
Both the payment and supplemental application must be postmarked by February 15, 2017.
Perspective interns are selected on basis of a variety of criteria:
- Scholastic Standing: Each applicant's overall GPA, Science Didactic Program in Dietetics (DPD), and Professional DPD GPA is reviewed. A GPA>3.2 is recommended
- Work, Extracurricular Activities, Continuing Education: Previous experience in the nutrition field such as volunteering or working is preferred. However, sports, extracurricular activities, honors, awards, certificates, advanced degree, or other work experiences are advantageous.
- Letters of Recommendations: Three letters of recommendation are required from professionals that are qualified to comment on the applicants academic and/or work ability potential, personality, and character. Two of these letters must be from faculty members and one from an employer.
- Your Own Personal Letter: This letter must be well written and personalized. The letter should address:
- Expectations of the dietetic internship
- Identifying reasons for choosing a small, clinically focused program in relation to your professional goals.
- What are your short-term and long-term goals?
Important Dates for 2017-18 Internship Applications
April 2, 2017: Personal match results will be available online from D & D Digital systems at 6:00 pm Central Standard Time.
April 3, 2017: Applicants must telephone 617-499-5665 ext. 3059 or fax 617-499-5688 (attention Emily Lotterhand, Dietetic Internship Director) to confirm the acceptance or rejection of a computer match on or before 6:00 PM EST.
If you’re accepted into your program, you’ll need to pass a physical examination at Mount Auburn Hospital offered through Employee Health and background check.
For more information, contact program director Emily Lotterhand at email@example.com or 617-499-5665, Ext. 3059.
Mount Auburn Hospital Dietetic Internship is accredited by the
Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics
Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
120 S. Riverside Plaza, Suite 2000
Chicago, IL 606069-6995
(312)899-0040 ext 5400