Learn about fees and finances of a dietetic internship at Mount Auburn Hospital.
Tuition is $1,200 and is required at the time of acceptance.
Stipend & Benefits
As an intern at Mount Auburn, you’ll receive:
- Monthly stipend of $325
- One meal per day
- Reimbursement for professional liability insurance
- Registration for Children’s Hospital Boston pediatric conference
- Two lab coats
- Time off: two weeks’ vacation, eight holidays and eight sick days
- School loans can be deferred during your internship
Scholarships are available from the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics and through some state dietetic associations, including the Massachusetts Dietetic Association. See their websites for information.
Cost of Living
You’re responsible for the cost of relocating to and living in the Boston area. Estimate the following expenses:
- Rent in or near Cambridge – $800 to $1,300 per month
- Health insurance – Individual hospital plans are available for $22 to $80 per week
- Transportation – Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority (MBTA) discount available for monthly passes at approximately $50 per month. Automobile costs vary, employee parking fee is $8 per week.
- Academy Student membership - $50