Gain the skills and knowledge you need to become a confident, well-rounded clinical pharmacist in an acute care hospital or academia at Mount Auburn Hospital’s postgraduate year one (PGY-1) Pharmacy Residency.
Our program is affiliated with Massachusetts College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences University (MCPHS), home to the second-oldest pharmacy school in the United States, and it's accredited by the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists (AHSP)
Provide Clinical Care
Work closely with a team committed to providing safe, patient-centered care with compassion, privacy and dignity. After a 5-week orientation, you'll join rounds in a variety of clinical settings, including cardiology, critical care, infectious diseases, internal medicine and oncology.
Develop Leadership Skills
You’ll benefit from our strong commitment to preparing future leaders. As a resident at Mount Auburn, you’ll hold an adjunct teaching appointment in the Department of Pharmacy Practice at MCPHS. Strengthen your leadership, communication and teaching skills through opportunities such as:
- Attending monthly advanced seminars at MCPHS
- Providing didactic lectures at MCPHS
- Co-precepting pharmacy students at MCPHS
- Completing rotations in medication management, which include medication safety, informatics and administration
- Participating in Pharmacy & Therapeutics, Nursing and Pharmacy committees
Research & Presentations
During your resident year, you’ll complete a research project of your choosing. Find assistance and guidance from a project advisor and a project committee. Then, present your project at the Eastern States Conference for Pharmacy Residents and Preceptors and the MCPHS residency showcase. You’ll also be encouraged to submit it to a peer-reviewed journal for publication.
Work Toward Your Goals
At Mount Auburn Hospital, you’ll find preceptors who are dedicated to helping you work toward your ideal job. Count on us to provide career advising, connect you with networking opportunities and offer alumni programs.
Compensation & Benefits
Your compensation package includes a $40,000 salary and the following benefits:
- Two weeks paid time off
- Health, dental and basic life insurance
- Subsidized parking or public transportation
- Travel allowance to attend and present at the Eastern States Conference for Pharmacy Residents and Preceptors and the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists (ASHP) Midyear Clinical Meeting and Exhibition
Learn more about Mount Auburn Hospital and living in Cambridge.