Radiology Residency Compensation & Benefits
Your compensation package as a radiology resident at Mount Auburn Hospital includes a competitive salary and benefits.
When you choose the Mount Auburn Hospital Radiology Residency program, your benefits include:
- Salary is based on a standardized scale applied to all residents. Internal moonlighting opportunities at an outpatient MRI facility for monitoring of contrast reactions are available beginning in the first year.
- Each resident is funded for one 1-week educational conference per year. Third year residents are funded for two 1-week educational conferences in preparation for the CORE examination.
- Second and third year residents are also funded for Dr. Walter Huda's Physics in Medicine course in preparation for the CORE examination.
- Third year residents attend the American Institute for Radiologic Pathology (AIRP) 4-week course in Silver Spring, MD. Tuition and a housing stipend are provided.
- Residents selected to present at scientific conferences are provided additional time off and a travel stipend.
- Two residents per year attend the American College of Radiology's Annual Meeting and Chapter Leadership Conference in Washington, D.C. which focuses on healthcare policy.
- Membership in the New England Roentgen Ray Society. This society sponsors a course in the physics of radiology on a citywide basis as well as monthly meetings focusing on each subspecialty. Membership in the Radiological Society of North America, American College of Radiology, American Roentgen Ray Society, and Massachusetts Medical Society are also provided.
- New library textbooks are purchased annually, the collection is continually updated based on resident need.
- Annual personal book stipend.
- Access to StatDx, RadPrimer, and eAnatomy.
- Personalized lead aprons.
You will also receive the following hospital-wide benefits
- Health, dental, vision, life and long-term disability insurance
- Medical malpractice insurance
- Retirement plan
- Monthly meal allowance
- Three weeks’ vacation and all federal holidays off
- On-call rooms and shower facilities
- Discounted parking and public transportation
- Discounted car and homeowners insurance
Access to Harvard Resources
As a radiology resident at Mount Auburn, you’ll hold an appointment as a clinical fellow in radiology at Harvard Medical School. That means you’ll have access to:
- All Harvard libraries, including the Harvard Medical School library, during and after residency
- Harvard Faculty Club membership
- Harvard athletic centers discount
- Outings & Innings perks and discounts, including tickets to museums, movies, sporting events and more
- Discounted computers, software and more through Harvard University Information Technology
- Networking opportunities via Harvard Catalyst
- University lectures and symposiums
- Radiology and RadioGraphics journals are provided. Many journals are accessible online through E-Research @ Harvard Libraries.
Life in the Greater Boston Area
Enjoy the sophistication and historic charm of the greater Boston area when you choose a residency at Mount Auburn Hospital. Learn more about living in Cambridge.