If you or loved one experiences a blood disorder, turn to Mount Auburn, a Harvard-affiliated hospital. You’ll benefit from knowledgeable, personalized care delivered by board-certified hematologists—doctors who specialize in treating and preventing blood diseases.
Blood Disorders We Treat
Turn to the hematologists at Mount Auburn Hospital when you experience:
- Bleeding conditions, including hemophilia
- Blood clots
- Blood cancers, including chronic leukemia, lymphoma and myeloma
Hematology Services & Treatments
You and your doctor will work together to develop a care plan for your condition. If you have a benign (noncancerous) blood disorder, your treatment may include:
- Dietary supplements – Increase the amount of iron in your blood
- Iron infusions – Uses an IV (infusion therapy) to deliver iron directly to your blood
- Medications – Treat and/or manage your symptoms
If you have chronic leukemia, lymphoma or myeloma, you’ll benefit from comprehensive, multidisciplinary care from our Commission on Cancer (CoC)-accredited cancer program.