Learning that you or a loved one has breast cancer is never easy. Count on the compassionate, experienced team at Mount Auburn Hospital’s Hoffman Breast Center to provide care and support throughout your cancer journey.
Leaders in Breast Care
You’ll know you’re getting exceptional care at Hoffman Breast Center because:
- We’re accredited by the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers (NAPBC).
- The Women’s Choice Award® named us one of the America’s Best Breast Centers in 2015 in recognition of our high standards of care and above-average patient recommendation ratings.
- We’re recognized by the American College of Radiology (ACR) as a Breast Imaging Center of Excellence.
- Our nine-year breast cancer survival rate (91.8 percent) is significantly better than the national average (85.5 percent).
Learn more about Mount Auburn’s diagnostic and benign (noncancerous) breast care services.
Breast Cancer Specialists Who Focus on You
At Hoffman Breast Center, you benefit from specialists who focus on patient care. Your doctors get to know you and work together to provide coordinated treatment and support that fits you. In addition, you’ll find specialized programs for:
Personal Guidance & Support
Take advantage of personalized navigation services at Hoffman Breast Center. Beth Roy, LICSW, patient advocate and care navigator, will keep you involved and informed about your care so you feel better prepared for your cancer journey. Count on her to:
- Arrange medical appointments
- Connect you with support services and community resources
- Encourage you to take an active role in your care and decision-making
- Explain diagnostic procedures and treatment options
- Provide information about wigs and breast prostheses, if necessary
- Refer you or your family members to our Cancer Genetics & Prevention Program
Dedicated Nurse Practitioners
You’ll appreciate timely, attentive care from dedicated nurse practitioners (NPs) who are with you from diagnosis through survivorship. Your NP works as a part of your breast cancer team at Hoffman Breast Center to:
- Help you understand your diagnosis and care plan
- Ensure tests and follow-up consults are scheduled promptly
- Coordinate care among surgeons, radiologists, oncologists, geneticists and other specialists
- Provide survivorship care
Surgical Options for Breast Cancer
You and your care team will create a personalized treatment plan based on your tumor, age and general health. At Mount Auburn Hospital, you’re more likely to have breast-conservation surgery—also known as a lumpectomy—than at many hospitals nationwide. Our breast conservation rate exceeds national averages by more than 50 percent.
Discover how we make surgery easier for you, or learn more about our full range of advanced cancer treatments.
Easing Mastectomy Recovery
If a mastectomy is the best treatment for you, you’ll receive a free Jacki®, a jacket specially designed to help you feel more comfortable during recovery. The soft, classic jacket contains pockets that discretely and securely hold drains, offers access for medical exams and procedures, and is easy to put on and remove with just one hand.
Choices for Breast Reconstruction
If you choose reconstructive breast surgery following a mastectomy, our plastic surgeon will help you understand your options and select the best procedure for you. We offer both immediate and delayed breast reconstruction surgery and have experience using advanced techniques that enhance cosmetic results.
Breast Cancer Survivorship Clinic
When you and your team decide you’re ready for the last phase of breast cancer care, you’ll experience a seamless transition to Hoffman Breast Center’s survivorship clinic. Our dedicated nurse practitioners (NPs) will provide guidance and support as you follow your survivorship plan and rebuild your health and well-being after cancer treatment. Count on your NPs to provide or coordinate survivorship care, including:
- Clinical breast exams
- Lymphedema management
- Monitoring for recurrent or new cancers
- Rehabilitation, including physical therapy
- Weight management
- Services for:
- Bone health
- Sexual and reproductive health issues