For top-quality, compassionate heart care, turn to the Saal Family Cardiovascular Center at Mount Auburn Hospital, a Harvard-affiliated facility. Our physicians have deep experience in their specialties, so you can expect results as good as or better than outcomes at a large, regional medical center. And because of our small, personal setting, all your heart doctors closely collaborate to ensure you get well-rounded, coordinated care long-term.
Exceptional Heart & Vascular Care
Discover why you can feel confident about choosing Mount Auburn Hospital:
- We’re a designated Blue Distinction+ Center for Cardiac Care, meaning we’ll help you experience an excellent outcome, stay safe and enjoy cost-effective care.
- Several of our Cardiologists have been listed Boston's Top Doctor's by Boston Magazine.
- We’ve earned the following Healthgrades recognitions for providing better-than-expected outcomes in heart patients:
- America’s 100 Best Hospitals for Cardiac Care Award™ in 2013, 2014 and 2015
- America’s 100 Best Hospitals for Coronary Intervention Award™ in 2013, 2014 and 2015
- America’s 50 Best Hospitals for Cardiac Surgery Award™ in 2013, 2014 and 2015
- Five stars—the highest possible rating—for treatment of heart attack and heart failure
- Mount Auburn Hospital was named one of the 2015 Truven Health 50 Top Cardiovascular Hospitals because our patients enjoy better outcomes, shorter inpatient stays and lower costs than patients at hospitals on average.
Conditions We Treat
At Mount Auburn Hospital, find excellent care of heart and vascular conditions such as:
- Aortic aneurysm
- Arrhythmia, including atrial fibrillation and atrial flutter
- Chest pain (angina)
- Coronary artery disease
- Heart failure
- Heart infections, such as pericarditis
- Heart problems present at birth, including atrial septal defect and ventricular septal defect
- Valve conditions, such as aortic valve regurgitation and mitral valve stenosis
Comprehensive Cardiovascular Care
Take advantage of Mount Auburn Hospital’s wide range of heart and vascular services: