Live better in your final phases of life with hospice care from CareGroup Parmenter Home Care & Hospice, affiliated with Mount Auburn Hospital and CareGroup Healthcare System. You and your family will find medical, emotional and spiritual support that helps you prepare for your transition with peace and dignity.
Is Hospice Care for Me?
Ask about hospice care if you:
- Receive a life limiting illness diagnosis
- Have fewer than six months to live
- Are no longer seeking curative medical treatment
Our Hospice Team
Count on personalized care from a hospice team that includes:
- A registered nurse who serves as your primary caregiver & case manager
- Additional committed, experience nurses available 24/7
- Certified home health aides with extensive training in end-of-life-care
- Your primary care physician
- Our Hospice Medical Director
- Social Workers
- Spiritual care and bereavement counselors
- Trained volunteers who offer comfort and support
Hospice Services at Your Home or Ours
When you’re ready to begin hospice care, a nurse or social worker will visit you, evaluate your needs and explain hospice services. Take advantage of one of the following options for care.
Hospice at Home
You may receive hospice services in your home, assisted living community or nursing facility - wherever you call home. A nurse will come to your residence regularly to check your symptoms and help fulfill your medical needs. You may also receive visits from certified home health aides, an occupational therapist, physical therapist, speech therapist, social worker, chaplain or other professionals.
With guidance and support from the hospice team, your family will provide most of your daily care. A registered nurse is on-call 24/7 to help at 617-673-1700.
Home Hospice Locations
Request in-home hospice care if you live in one of these towns or cities in Massachusetts:
Miriam Boyd Parlin Hospice Residence
For 24-hour care in a homelike environment, choose the Miriam Boyd Parlin Hospice Residence located in Wayland, MA. You’ll appreciate your private suite and our compassionate, responsive staff.
Comprehensive Hospice Services
No matter where you receive end-of-life care, we’ll work with you, your family and your doctor to develop a care plan that respects your wishes. Your plan may include:
- Nursing care
- Pain and symptom management
- Help with personal tasks, such as bathing, walking and dressing
- Psychosocial support by Medical Social Workers
- Spiritual support
- Complementary services, such as pet therapy, Reiki, massage and guided meditation
- Adult bereavement support groups and workshops
- Children’s grief support, including Camp Erin Boston, a free three-day camp ages 6–17, and HEART playSM, which uses creative arts to help children ages Pre-K and Kindergarten, Grades 1-6, Middle School and High School ages.
Bridge to Hospice Care (Palliative Care)
If you’re currently receiving home care and have a serious advanced illness or diagnosis without end-of-life services, ask us about our Bridge to Hospice Care program. You’ll receive timely care that fits your goals and needs, and your entire family will benefit from a smooth transition between home health and hospice services.
You can trust our commitment to high-quality end-of-life care because CareGroup Parmenter Home Care & Hospice, Inc. is accredited by the National Institute for Jewish Hospice. We welcome patients of all faith backgrounds.
Medicare, Medicaid, managed care plans and private insurance companies cover hospice care.