CareGroup Parmenter Home Care and Hospice, Inc. is proud to present
HEART play℠, an award-winning, free program that uses the creative arts to help children and teens cope with the illness or death of a loved one. An Expressive Arts Therapist / Licensed Mental Health Counselor meets with children and their families in their own homes or at the Parlin Hospice Residence to provide them with tools to support and comfort one another in challenging times.
HEART play℠ also offers free regularly scheduled workshops for children and teens which meet one Saturday per month. Participants are grouped according to age and grade. The groups include Pre-K and Kindergarten, Grades 1-6, Middle School, High School and College.
To Register and Sign up for HEART playSM
To register for HEART playSM please complete this program registration application for your child. Once registered, you will be contacted by Jennifer Wiles, Children Services Coordinator. Any questions feel free to contact Jennifer at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 508-309-5107.
HEART play℠ is for Children and Teens
- to say goodbye to their loved ones
- to meet other kids who have experienced a loved one's illness and death
- to celebrate the lives of deceased loved ones through the creative arts
- to remember deceased relatives and friends with love
- to learn to help themselves by helping others
HEART playSM Mentors
Often those that participate in HEART playSM choose to mentor others. Grieving teens have found meaning by helping the younger participants. Interested Adolescents will receive training and support to become Mentors.
Parent and Caregiver Support
Adults are invited to attend a supportive discussion group during the HEART play℠ workshops, facilitated by a hospice social worker.
HEART play℠ West
TIMES FOR ALL SATURDAYS:
9:00-9:45 AM: Pre-K - Kindergarten
10 AM-12 Noon: Grades 1-6
1:00-3:00 PM: Teen Group
All sessions held at CareGroup Parmenter Home Care & Hospice - Wayland 526 Boston Post Road, Wayland, MA 01778.
For more information please contact Jennifer Wiles, HEART playSM Director at email@example.com or call 508-309-5107.
View the 2017 Heartplaysm West Calendar
HEARTplaysm East is a Grief Group for Children and Teens who have experienced the death of someone close to them. Saturday mornings for children ages 6-12 and Tuesday evenings for Teens. These groups meet at The Academy 425 R Watertown Street in Newton.
Please register by contacting Jennifer Wiles, MA, LMHC, BC-DMT firstname.lastname@example.org
View the 2018 Heartplaysm East Calendar
Camp Erin Boston
Camp Erin Boston is designed for children and teens aged 6 to 17 who have experienced the death of someone close to them. Led by grief professionals and trained volunteers, the three day - two night experience is filled with traditional, fun, camp activities, grief education and emotional support. Camp Erin Boston provides a unique opportunity for peer bonding between children and teens facing a similar life circumstance. Camp is offered free to all families.
Visit the Camp Erin Boston website at www.camperinboston.org or download a copy of our brochure.
In their own words...
- "HEART play℠ is a good place to talk about your feelings. I really like going to HEART play℠."
- "When someone´s died that was close to you, this would be the perfect place to go because no one is going to make fun of you. There´s nothing to be ashamed about."
- "HEART play℠ is a place for children to grow and learn from others. It´s a kind of help for themselves in dealing with such a big problem."
- "HEART play℠ helps you a lot and you can talk more easily. HEART play℠ kids are special."
- "HEART play℠ makes you feel better. HEART play℠ are your friends."
- "HEART play℠ was fun and it helps you understand about dying more."
- "HEART play℠ lets you know you´re not the only one who had a family member die, and you do really fun stuff there."
- "It’s great incorporating art with grief, and art with healing. If it helps me and I’m 18, it’s got to help the little kids, too!" - teen mentor
- "After I go to HEART play℠ I'm full of energy because I got to do something really good." - teen mentor
- "It was rewarding. You are not only helping them, but you are helping yourself emotionally." - teen mentor
- "HEART play℠ is a real gift for my family." - parent
- "HEART play℠ put a smile on my child's face." - parent
- "HEART play℠ is an extraordinary program that has helped our healing process tremendously." - parent