Prevention & Recovery
Addiction afflicts many people today. Whether you are a concerned family member, an employer, social agency or a physician, you need professional guidance once you identify someone whose ongoing abuse of alcohol or other substances, as well as gambling is problematic. The Prevention and Recovery Center at Mount Auburn Hospital provides a variety of intervention/treatment services to help.
You will find individualized treatment for men and women, as well as adolescents through a variety of programs and therapies. During an initial intake session, our team of licensed therapists will determine the most effective treatment plan for specific issues, including:
- therapy groups including those focusing specifically on the issues of relapse prevention,
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD),
- problems associated with anxiety, depression, and anger management.
- individual therapy sessions,
- psychopharmacology evaluation and monitoring,
- establishment of a community education and support system.
We also participate in interventions, which involve confronting the individual with the consequences of his/her alcohol, substance abuse or gambling compulsions. Your participation in such a process can provide lasting, positive results to help you or a loved one begin the recovery process.