The Erickson Family Lung Center
Breathe easier with help from compassionate lung specialists at The Erickson Family Lung Center at Mount Auburn Hospital and Mount Auburn Pulmonary Consultants, Harvard-affiliated care providers. In outpatient and inpatient settings, you get timely services that help you manage your condition and make the most of your everyday life.
Highly Qualified Staff
You benefit from doctors board-certified in pulmonary disease and up to three other areas—internal medicine, critical care and sleep medicine. That means you’ll get well-rounded services for all your medical needs. And because some of our doctors hold leadership roles in the field of pulmonary medicine, you’ll know you’re getting care based on the latest evidence.
Outstanding Lung Care
You can trust Mount Auburn Hospital’s quality of care because we earned Healthgrades’ Pulmonary Care Excellence Award for seven years in a row, 2013 - 2019. That distinction means patients who get treatment here for pneumonia or chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) are more likely to survive their condition than patients at many other hospitals.
Conditions We Treat
Get personalized care for almost lung condition, including:
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including emphysema and chronic bronchitis
- Lung cancer
- Lung nodules
- Persistent cough
- Pleural effusion
- Pulmonary emboli
- Pulmonary fibrosis
- Pulmonary hypertension
- Sleep apnea
Respiratory & Pulmonary Services
Rely on Mount Auburn for services such as:
- Outpatient and inpatient pulmonary consultations – Evaluate your condition
- Bronchoscopy – Uses a tube to look inside your airways
- Fiberoptic Bronchoscopy and Endobronchial ultrasound-guided biopsy – Shows your airways so your doctor can remove tissue samples from your lungs or lymph nodes without making incisions in your skin
- Thoracentesis – Removes excess fluid between your lungs and chest wall
- Multidisciplinary lung cancer and lung nodule program, including a Screening Center of Excellence by the Lung Cancer Alliance—a designation that means you get timely, high-quality care and information
- Pulmonary rehabilitation – Helps you control your symptoms
- Ventilator support – Moves air in and out of your lungs when you can’t breathe on your own
24-Hour Care for Emergencies
If you experience respiratory failure—a medical emergency—rest assured Mount Auburn Hospital is skilled in providing critical care. An attending physician trained in pulmonary medicine and critical care is here 24 hours a day. That means you get potentially lifesaving care as soon as you need it.
When you have an urgent respiratory issue, you’ll appreciate the option to make a same-day appointment at Mount Auburn Pulmonary Consultants. In Cambridge, you can make same-day appointments for respiratory care only with us.