If you suffer from chronic symptoms such as dizziness and vertigo, our Physical Therapy Department through Vestibular Rehabilitation can provide relief from these problems occurring in the vestibular system.
Symptoms Alleviated by Vestibular Rehabilitation
- Dizziness caused by inner ear problems
- Difficulty with balance and walking
- Dizziness with driving, reading or watching T.V.
These symptoms may result in a person falling and can interfere with the ability to perform daily activities both at home and at work.
Personalized Evaluation and Goals for Treatment
Our specialty-trained Physical Therapist, will see you at our Cambridge off-campus facility located at 625 Mount Auburn Street, and will provide a comprehensive evaluation to determine the possible causes of your vertigo and develop an individualized treatment plan and strategies to manage and improve your symptoms.
Goals for treatment include:
- Decrease motion provoked symptoms using exercises
- Address the balance problems that occur in certain situations
- Improve general musculoskeletal conditioning and strength for activities of daily living both at home and at work.
Treatments We Provide
Treatments provided by our Physical Therapists include:
- Epley maneuver
- Gaze stability exercises to help balance and Vertigo
- Balance training
- General conditioning exercises
- Home exercise program
Follow up visits may be needed to review progress and update the exercises. We will communicate progress to the referring physicians and send a discharge report when treatment is concluded.