Integrative and Functional Medicine Nutrition
Whether you are seeking guidance for managing a chronic nutrition-related condition or looking to maintain good health through diet change, our nutritionist can provide you with personalized diet counseling to complement your medical treatment promote optimal health and help prevent diet and lifestyle-related disease.
The Marino’s center’s licensed and registered dietitian-nutritionist, Susan Carroll, RDN, LDN, has many years of training and experience in integrative and functional nutrition therapy which aims to address the root cause of symptoms and can support your medical treatment for:
- GI conditions such as Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS), Celiac disease/gluten sensitivity and intolerance, yeast overgrowth/dysbiosis, Crohn’s Disease, Ulcerative Colitis, reflux and motility disorders
- Integrative cancer care, cancer survival and cancer prevention
- Arthritis, joint pain and chronic headaches
- Complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue, fibromyalgia, auto-immune conditions (in conjunction with Marino Center’s holistic physician, Leonid Gordin, M.D.).
- Therapeutic lifestyle change to prevent or help manage diabetes, insulin resistance, hypertension, hyperlipidemia and cardiovascular risk reduction
- Weight management (loss or gain)
Our nutritionist has expertise in elimination diets, low FODMAP diet, food sensitivity and intolerance, diet to support the body’s natural detoxification processes and nutritional supplements. She has received specialized training in functional medicine nutrition and integrative nutrition for cancer care.
What to Expect
A consultation with our nutritionist considers with your concerns, goals and your physician’s recommendations. Our nutritionist will review your medical history, your symptoms, relevant lab tests and previous diet strategies and begin to build a personalized nutrition plan. Recommendations for nutritional supplements or laboratory tests (in conjunction with your physician) might be recommended. Over the course of several visits, we will work together towards supporting your needs and improving the quality of your life.
Many insurance companies cover nutrition services for medical necessity, which may include weight loss. Individuals may be self-referred or referred by their physician. Please contact your insurance provider to determine your insurance coverage and whether a referral or prior authorization is required.