Be it travel for business or pleasure, you can prepare yourself for the rigors of your upcoming trip by first visiting The Mount Auburn Hospital Travel Medicine Center. You’ll find a staff dedicated to your good health before, during, and after your trip.
Vietnam Halong Bay
We welcome travelers nine years and older. Our mission is to prepare you for a safe, healthy, and productive trip. Our highly trained physicians and nurses participate in national and international professional travel and tropical medicine societies, so you know that the care you receive will be current and comprehensive.
You’ll have peace of mind knowing that our staff possesses over two decades of experience delivering the highest quality pre-and post-travel care, including clinicians specializing in travel medicine, infectious diseases, clinical tropical medicine, and internal medicine.
The Travel Medicine Center is one of the GeoSentinal sites worldwide that participate in surveillance and monitoring of travel-related illnesses in collaboration with the International Society of Travel Medicine (ISTM) and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
Our Travel Medicine Center staff includes physicians and nurses, some with more than two decades of experience in travel medicine, infectious diseases, clinical tropical medicine and internal medicine.
Lin H. Chen, MD, Director
Karen A. Avery, RN, BSN, Coordinator
Daniel Bourque, MD
David L. Hudacek, MD
Beth Lown, MD
Faith Manning, RN, BSN
Rhonda Martin, RN, BSN
Scheduling an Appointment
Make your appointment today for our Travel Medicine Center Clinic by calling 617-499-5757.
- Ideally, we would like to see travelers at least one month prior to departure, but we will always try and accommodate the last-minute traveler.
- Appointments are available Monday through Friday and one evening per week.
- When you arrive for your scheduled appointment enter the main hospital entrance. If you have not pre-registered by phone you need to register in our main Registration & Admission Department located on the first floor of the Stanton Building. Then proceed to the Travel Medicine Center Located on South 1, next to the Walk-in Center. On-site parking is available for a fee; please ask a representative for details.
Immunizations/ *Special Vaccines
- **Yellow Fever Stamaril Expanded Access Program designated site
- *Typhoid Fever (oral and injection)
- *Japanese Encephalitis
- Hepatitis A
- Hepatitis B
- Human Papilloma Virus (HPV)
- Immune Globulin
- Measles/ Mumps/ Rubella
- Pneumococcal conjugate
- Pneumococcal polysaccharide
- Tetanus/Diphtheria/Pertussis (Tdap)
- Varicella (chickenpox)
- Zoster (shingles)
All insurance carriers and self-pay clients are welcome. Some insurance companies do not cover travel related services. Check with your health insurance plan regarding coverage or the need for a referral, as payment is required at the time of service. Referrals from primary care providers must be obtained prior to the appointment.
Post Travel Evaluation and Treatment
We also provide post travel consultations for travelers who have encountered medical problems during or after their trips. If you are ill after travel, contact your primary care physician for either an evaluation or a referral to the Division of Infectious Diseases and Travel Medicine at Mount Auburn Hospital.