Help ensure the proper flow of blood through your body by entrusting care of your arteries and veins to the board-certified vascular surgeons at Mount Auburn Hospital. You’ll benefit from the expertise of Harvard-affiliated doctors who have pioneered innovative surgical techniques that enhance your outcome. And you’ll appreciate the personal care you’ll get in our community hospital environment.
Vascular Conditions We Treat
Get a diagnosis and treatment for many vascular conditions, including:
- Abdominal aortic aneurysm
- Arteriovenous malformations
- Carotid artery disease
- Deep vein thrombosis
- Peripheral artery disease
- Pulmonary embolism
- Thoracic aortic aneurysm
- Varicose veins
Even if you’re not experiencing symptoms of a vascular condition, check the health of your blood vessels with noninvasive vascular screenings.
Turn to Mount Auburn Hospital’s vascular surgeons when you need a procedure such as:
- Aneurysm repair – Reinforces a weakened section of a blood vessel to prevent rupture
- Angioplasty and stenting – Opens a blocked artery to your heart to improve blood flow
- Carotid endarterectomy – Removes plaque from the carotid artery to increase blood flow to your brain
- Saphenous vein ablation – Closes off twisted, enlarged (varicose) veins
Depending on your condition and procedure, you may qualify for endovascular surgery, a minimally invasive technique in which a surgeon sends tiny tools into your arteries or veins to diagnose or treat a problem. He or she can see inside your blood vessels because of a special dye injected into them to make them show up on real-time X-ray technology.