Weight Loss & Management
Reach your weight-loss goals with Mount Auburn Hospital’s Weight Management Center. You’ll find comprehensive support tailored to your needs so you can live a healthier life.
Improve Your Health
Losing weight is about more than just changing the way you look. It’s also about improving your health. Obesity contributes to serious health problems, including diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol and sleep apnea.
With programs at Mount Auburn Hospital’s Weight Management Center, you’ll safely lose weight and gain healthy habits to help you keep it off so you can live better.
Options for Weight Loss
Get a personalized recommendation for the best weight-loss method for you. Learn how to choose a program that meets your needs and explore our options for:
Whichever program you choose, you’ll have a team of dedicated specialists working together to help you achieve your goals. Your care team may include:
- Bariatric physician – Specializes in helping you lose weight without surgery
- Bariatric surgeon – Specializes in helping you lose weight with surgery
- Bariatric nurse – Provides care, support and education
- Dietitian – Helps you develop a healthy eating plan
- Exercise physiologist – Creates exercise plans that meet your fitness level and goals
- Psychologist – Helps you identify and implement healthier behaviors
Achieve Your Weight-Loss Goal
When you choose a program that’s right for you and follow your care team’s recommendations, you can expect to lose:
- An average of two pounds per week when you follow our medical weight-loss meal replacement program
- At least 50 percent of your excess body weight following weight-loss surgery
Weight-Loss Success Stories
Discover how medical or surgical weight-loss programs have helped other Boston-area residents look and feel better. Read their success stories.