Jump Start to Wellness Program
Obesity is the most common chronic disease in the United States and more people are suffering with it every year. It is a leading cause of preventable death and linked to many serious health problems like diabetes and others.
Bias and misunderstanding are common with this disease. The cause is complicated and related to many different things including your environment, hormones and genes.
A teamwork approach to wellness works!
Please join us for a wellness evaluation:
- General balanced nutrition with education about food choices and nutrients
- Managing hunger
- Mindful eating techniques
- Hydration and impact on health
- Healthy sleep and impact on health
- Exercise and activity recommendations with resources
- With consideration of your own ability and limitations
During a one-on-one wellness evaluation with a Registered Dietitian you will:
- Review your Body Mass Index (BMI) and any associated health risks
- Identify goals for improvement in your overall health
- Learn tips and strategies to move towards balanced nutrition, better hydration, and reduce feelings of hunger throughout the day
- Set individualized activity goals with steps to get started
The Jump Start visit is covered by most insurance companies