A Message to Our Parents-to-be
We at Mount Auburn Hospital know that looking forward to the birth of your baby is exciting. We also know the coronavirus pandemic presents unprecedented challenges to expectant parents. The need for education to help you prepare for the coming changes to your family life is greater than ever. The Childbirth Education Program at Mount Auburn Hospital has never been more committed to helping you meet those needs.
While social distancing has made in-person preparation for childbirth and parenting impossible for now, we’re happy to report that online replacements for many of our classes are now available. Read on for our suggestions for replacement classes.
If you planned to take Natural Childbirth, Prepared Childbirth, or Having Your Baby Your Way, please consider taking our new – and excellent – e-course called Understanding Birth. This six-hour e-course can be taken at your own pace. Once you’ve completed the e-course you’ll be able to sign up for a live, interactive Q&A with one of our childbirth educators. Please ask for a separate detailed handout describing Understanding Birth at the office where you receive your care.
- Another option is our online HypnoBirthing course. HypnoBirthing is a live, interactive course taught over five weeks. The content is unchanged from our in-person course.
- Mindfulness-Based Childbirth & Parenting is a live, interactive, and meets over approximately 10 weeks. The content is unchanged from our in-person course.
- Understanding Breastfeeding is an e-class that will replace our in-person Breastfeeding Class. A separate handout is available at your provider’s office.
- Happiest Baby/Infant Care Essentials is available in a live, interactive online format. The content is the same as our in-person class.
- Boot Camp for New Dads will continue meeting virtually. There’s never been a better time to enlist!
We regret having to suspend Infant CPR for Family and Friends, Sibling Class, and Tools for a Natural Childbirth: a hands-on workshop but these popular offerings will be back when we can once more gather in-person.
How to register for classes:
Go to mountauburnhospital.org Click on Classes & Events in the crimson banner toward the right.
- Scroll down to Categories and click on Pregnancy & Childbirth.
- On the next page, scroll down a bit. Online classes are numbered and listed first.
Please check our website periodically for new developments. If you have additional questions, we encourage you to email us at email@example.com. Stay safe and well.
With best regards,
Mount Auburn Hospital Childbirth Education Team