Tools for a Natural Childbirth: a hands-on workshop
If you're looking forward to a natural childbirth, you'll want a "labor kit" full of tools and techniques that can help you achieve that goal. You'll also want guidance in how to use those techniques in various situations that might arise in labor. And you'll want to practice them in a unhurried setting. This three-hour workshop is taught by experienced educators who have coached countless women through successful labors and births without the use of medication.
This workshop is complementary to, but does not replace, a full-length childbirth class. We recommend that first-time parents take Prepared Childbirth, Natural Childbirth, or Having Your Baby Your Way before taking Tools for a Natural Childbirth since this hands-on mini-course will not cover the same material. This class is, however, appropriate for experienced parents who would like a refresher in natural childbirth techniques.
Workshop content includes:
- Encouraging optimal fetal positioning for labor and birth
- Use of props such as the birthing ball and the peanut
- Use of the Rebozo- a large traditional scarf- in labor
- Breath work and mindfulness practices
- Nourishment during labor
- Counter-pressure and acupressure
- Support techniques for the labor partner
- Essential oils and homeopathic remedies
This class typically meets on a Saturday or Sunday at the Center for Women on the first floor of the hospital.
Cost: $90 per couple
Cancellation Policy: Cancellations are accepted up to one day prior to class for a full refund, minus a $35 processing fee