Matter of Balance
Many older adults experience concerns about falling and restrict their activities. A MATTER OF BALANCE is an award-winning eight week program designed to manage falls and increase activity levels. Sessions include exercises to improve balance, flexibility, and overall strength.
This program emphasizes practical strategies to manage falls.
You will learn to:
- view falls as controllable
- set goals for increasing activity
- make changes to reduce fall risks at home
- exercise to increase strength and balance
Who should attend?
- anyone concerned about falls
- anyone interested in improving balance, flexibility and strength
- anyone who has fallen in the past
- anyone who has restricted activities because of falling concerns
We know you will find this information helpful. A light snack is provided. Parking is free. Registration is required. Please call 617-499-5625.
A Matter of Balance: Managing Concerns About Falls Volunteer Lay Leader Model ©2006
This program is based on Fear of Falling: A Matter of Balance. Copyright ©1995 Trustees of Boston University. All rights reserved. Used and adapted by permission of Boston University.
A Matter of Balance Lay Leader Model
Recognized for Innovation and Quality in Healthcare and Aging, 2006, American Society on Aging. A Matter of Balance Lay Leader Model was developed by a grant from the Administration on Aging (#90AM2780).