This program is based on Peggy Huddleston: Prepare for Surgery Health Faster and includes her Prepare for Surgery, Heal Faster book.
Are you feeling anxiety before your surgery or perhaps around a recent diagnosis or treatment plan? Attend a small group session virtually to calm your anxiety with the tools to heal faster with less pain. Participants will practice how to cope and reduce anxiety as it pertains to various triggers in relation to hospital treatment. Attendees can anticipate:
- Reduced pre-operative anxiety
- Maintaining calm during a biopsy, endoscopy, cardiac catheterization or MRI
- 23-50% less pain medication post-surgery
- Ability to fall asleep if you have insomnia
- Return more quickly to regular activities post-surgery
- Reduced chronic pain
- Reduced side effects of chemotherapy
This is a free virtual participatory lecture. Pre-registration is required.