Mindfulness-Based Childbirth & Parenting Virtual Class
Having a baby is one of the most transformative experiences in a person’s life. Learning mindfulness during your pregnancy - that is, the awareness that comes from purposefully and nonjudgmentally paying attention in the present moment - can help you immensely during the birth process. Whatever your intention around the use or non-use of pain medication during childbirth, Mindfulness-Based Childbirth & Parenting (MBCP) provides skills for the mind and body to support you and your partner as your unique birth unfolds, moment by moment.
By learning and practicing mindfulness during your pregnancy, you will learn how to engage your mind to work with pain and fear and how to strengthen skills for managing stress in pregnancy, parenting, and daily life. By the end of this course, you will understand the mind/body connection of birth and how to optimize it by influencing your internal and external environment when possible and letting go when necessary.
Participants are excepted to practice mindfulness meditation during the nine weeks for 30 min/day 6 days/week.
During this nine-week course, you will learn to:
- Access your capacity for deep physical and mental relaxation
- Engage your mind to work with the sensations of labor
- Increase confidence and courage for the experience of labor and birth
- Practice prenatal yoga for strength and flexibility
- Develop skills for managing stress in pregnancy, parenting, and daily life
- Enhance partner communication skills
- Become more aware of your own approach to parenting