The Understanding Birth eClass is your best online resource for answers you can trust about labor and childbirth. This course covers essential information - and much more - about labor and birth. You’ll get a sense of what labor is really like as you watch several birth stories unfold. Understanding Birth also highlights the many ways partners can help throughout the process. You’ll even have an opportunity to create your own birth plan!
The course includes:
- Narrations, videos, and animations
- Quizzes, virtual interactive exercises, notes pages, and extended activities
- PDF library, glossary, and web links
- Class completion certificate
You can access the Understanding Birth eClass from any computer or mobile device with an internet connection. You should allow approximately six hours to complete the course. And, you’ll have ongoing access to Understanding Birth for 270 days after you first sign in.
Understanding Birth eClass chapters:
- Birth Stories
- Comfort Techniques
- Medical Procedures
- Cesarean Birth
When you sign up for Understanding Birth, you’ll also get Birth Chat - a live, interactive session with one of our experienced childbirth educators - at no additional cost. Your welcome letter to Understanding Birth will include instructions for signing up for Birth Chat.
How to register
- Go to mountauburnhospital.org
- ·Click on Classes & Events in the crimson banner toward the right.
- Scroll down to Categories and click on Pregnancy & Childbirth
- On the next page, scroll down a bit. The second class listed will be Understanding Birth e-class.
For additional questions, please email us at email@example.com or call us at 617-499-5121.