Attend this workshop to calm pre-operative jitters and emerge from your procedure with the tools to heal faster with less pain. An analysis of 191 research studies with 8,600 patients documents that people who prepared for surgery had less pain, fewer complications and recovered sooner. Attendees can anticipate:
- Reduced pre-operative anxiety
- 23-50% less pain medication post-surgery
- Ability to fall asleep if you have insomnia
- Return more quickly to regular activities post-surgery
- Reduced chronic pain
- Reduced side effects of chemotherapy
- Maintaining calm during a biopsy, endoscopy, cardiac catheterization or MRI
Mount Auburn Hospital OR Nurse, Anne Baras, will lead you through a proven methodology to calm jitters, strengthen your immune system and create the biochemistry that enhances healing using visualization techniques and affirmations.
Ideally you will attend the class, read the book, and use the CD or MP3 one or two weeks before your operation. If you only have a day before surgery, you can still benefit. This workshop is for anyone undergoing surgery for cancer, cardiac, joint replacement, Cesarean Section, biopsy, and more.