The Mount Auburn Hospital Dietetic Internship is an 11 month, full-time program with a Medical Nutrition Therapy concentration. The program provides 44 weeks of supervised practice hours, beginning in September and ending in July. We currently match 2 interns annually.
The internship is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND). It provides students with the supervised practice experience needed to fulfill the competencies for Dietitians established by ACEND. Students can apply for admission to Mount Auburn Dietetic Internship once completing a baccalaureate degree in dietetics, food management, or a related field from an accredited college or university. The degree must include the minimum academic requirements of ACEND.
Graduates of the program are eligible to sit for the Commission of Dietetic Registration credentialing examination for Registered Dietitians (RD). State licensure and state certification are entirely separate and distinct from the credentialing process by the Commission of Dietetic Registration.
It is the mission of the Mount Auburn Hospital Dietetic Internship program to prepare competent entry-level registered dietitian nutritionists committed to the field of nutrition and higher learning. The program environment offers the unique opportunity for individualized training in a highly respected academic facility that serves as a community hospital delivering excellent, compassionate care to its clients.
Program Goals and Objectives
- Prepare interns to become competent entry-level registered dietitian nutritionists in the field of nutrition.
- At least 80% of program interns complete program/degree requirements within 16.5 months (150% of expected time frame of 44 weeks).
- Of graduates who seek employment, 85 percent are employed in nutrition and dietetics or related fields within 12 months of graduation.
- 100% of the program graduates will take the CDR credentialing exam for dietitian nutritionists within 12 months of program graduation.
- The program's one-year pass rate (graduates who pass the registration exam within one year of the first attempt) on the CDR credentialing exam for dietitian nutritionists is at least 80%
- 90% of the graduates who respond to the annual alumni survey will rate themselves as competent for their first position, scoring a satisfactory or better.
- Prepare graduates who demonstrate proficiency and commitment to the to the field of nutrition.
- 75% of the graduates ranked competent in professional knowledge by their employer in the annual employer survey, scoring satisfactory or better.
- 50% of the graduates who respond to the alumni survey report they have received a clinical certificate or a masters degree.
Program outcome data available upon request.
Program Completion Requirements
Interns must complete all written and performance assignments and competencies to the satisfaction of the internship faculty within the allotted time period.
Mount Auburn Hospital Verification Requirements
Verification of completion of the Mount Auburn Dietetic Internship will be given to all students who successfully complete the internship, including coursework and the supervised practice components of the program.
For more information, contact program director Emily Lotterhand at firstname.lastname@example.org or 617-499-5665, Ext. 3059.
Mount Auburn Hospital Dietetic Internship is accredited by the
Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics
Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
120 S. Riverside Plaza, Suite 2190
Chicago, IL 606069-6995
(312)899-0040 ext 5400