Apply for Radiology Residency
Each year, Mount Auburn Hospital selects three residents to join our four-year radiology residency program. Learn more about our radiology residency.
To apply for the radiology residency program at Mount Auburn Hospital, you must:
- Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident, or be eligible for a J-1 sponsorship through the Education Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG)
- Be certified by the ECFMG if you’re an international medical graduate (IMG)
- Have completed an accredited internship in the United States if you’re an IMG
- Register with the National Resident Matching Program®
- Pass the United States Medical Licensing Examination® (USMLE®)
How to Apply
Apply through ERAS® (Electronic Residency Application Service). You’ll need to submit:
- Personal statement – Tell us about your professional goals and how residency training at Mount Auburn will help you achieve those goals.
- Curriculum vitae
- Medical School Performance Evaluation (MSPE)
- Official medical school transcript
- Your USMLE score
- Three letters of recommendation – Ask professors or employers to submit a written recommendation directly to ERAS.
Submit all materials before October 15.
You’ll be notified by mid-December if you’re selected for an onsite interview at Mount Auburn Hospital in Cambridge, Massachusetts. Interviews must be completed by January 31.
While breakfast is served, you’ll experience the morning positive conference and attend the didactic lecture, after which the Chief Resident will provide an overview of the program. Interviews with the Program and Assistant Program Directors along with several upper level residents are conducted and individual tours of the department are provided. The interview day concludes with lunch where you will meet all the radiology residents and fellow candidates.
For more information, contact program director Donald Romanelli, MD, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 617-441-1610.