Mount Auburn Hospital Visitation Policy
Effective June 4, 2021
Mount Auburn Hospital, a member of Beth Israel Lahey Health, has taken extra steps to ensure patient and staff safety during the COVID-19 pandemic.
We understand the importance of being able to visit a patient while they are in the hospital, and we are happy to announce that effective June 4, 2021, we are changing our visitor guidelines. Please be aware of the following newly revised guidelines before visiting our hospital or healthcare facilities:
- General visiting hours: 12:00 to 2:00 pm and 5:00 to 8:00 pm except for maternity (see maternity visiting hours below)
- No visitors for COVID-19 positive patients, or patients who are undergoing active testing of potential COVID-19 diagnosis (also known as suspect patients)
1 visitor per patient. Visitors must remain masked at all times, regardless of their immunization status.
- 1 visitor may accompany patients in the waiting room while awaiting placement in a bed, but otherwise no visitors in the waiting room.
No swapping visitors (only 1 designated visitor for each patient).
No visitors for COVID positive or PUI patients.
Critical Care Pavilion
Wyman 2 Inpatient Geri-Psych
2 continuous support people in labor.
1 continuous support person to stay overnight on postpartum.
2 visitors daily between 12:00 to 2:00 pm or 5:00 to 7:00 pm.
Level II Nursery
Exceptions: Designated support persons for patients with cognitive and/or physical disabilities may include, but shall not be limited to: an essential escort, a guardian or other legally authorized decision-maker, family member, caregiver, personal care assistant or another disability service provider knowledgeable about the patient’s care. Designated support persons are not considered visitors.
Additional Guidance for Visitors
- Visitors must comply with screening for symptoms of COVID-19 upon entry to the hospital
- Visitors must wear an MAH provided surgical mask while visiting in patient care areas
- Visitors must remain in the patient’s room at all times, unless otherwise instructed by staff
- Visitors may not bring food or drinks in patient rooms (to ensure mask wearing at all times)
- Visitors should practice social distancing (at least 6 feet) while in the hospital
- Children under the age of 18 are not allowed to visit, unless they are visiting a parent or sibling and are at least 12 years of age
- Children under age 12 are not allowed to visit due to infection control risk.
Please review our Safe Care plan to learn more about what we are doing to ensure your safety when you visit one of our facilities.