Visiting Hours & Policies
Effective March 5, 2021
Mount Auburn Hospital, a part of Beth Israel Lahey Health has taken a number of steps to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in order keep our patients and staff safe. You can review our Safe Care plan here to learn more about what we’re doing to ensure your safety when you visit one of our facilities. Additional information on COVID-19 can be found here.
We understand the importance of being able to visit a patient while they are in the hospital, and we are happy to announce that effective Friday, March 5, we are welcoming visitors on a limited basis to our facilities. The following guidelines will apply to visitation:
- General visiting hours: 12 – 2 pm and 5 – 8 pm except for maternity (see maternity visiting hours below)
- No visitors for COVID-19 positive patients, or patients who are undergoing active testing of potential COVID-19 diagnosis (also known as suspect patients)
Critical Care Pavilion
Wyman 2 Inpatient Geri-Psych
2 continuous support people in labor
1 continuous support person postpartum
1 visitor daily between 12 – 2 pm or 5 – 7 pm
Level II Nursery
- 1 escort per patient, only if absolutely necessary
Exceptions: Designated support persons for patients with cognitive and/or physical disabilities may include, but shall not be limited to: an essential escort, a guardian or other legally authorized decision-maker, family member, caregiver, personal care assistant or another disability service provider knowledgeable about the patient’s care. Designated support persons are not considered visitors.
Additional Guidance for Visitors
- Visitors must comply with screening for symptoms of COVID-19 upon entry to the hospital
- Visitors must wear an MAH provided surgical mask while visiting in patient care areas
- Visitors must remain in the patient’s room at all times, unless otherwise instructed by staff
- Visitors may not bring food or drinks in patient rooms (to ensure mask wearing at all times)
- Visitors should practice social distancing (at least 6 feet) while in the hospital
- Children under the age of 18 are not allowed to visit, unless they are visiting a parent or sibling and are at least 12 years of age
- Children under age 12 are not allowed to visit due to infection control risk.
About Virtual Visits
We encourage and help facilitate virtual visits via cellphone or tablet.
Patients should remember to charge their mobile device. Our staff can help if needed.
Mount Auburn Hospital inpatient rooms are equipped with iPads and staff can help facilitate a virtual call with their loved ones.