Visiting Hours & Policies
As of June 15, 2020, the following MAH Interim Visitor Policy should be followed. This policy provides guidelines for screening of visitors and restrictions on visitor access to Mount Auburn Hospital and MAPS ambulatory practices. This policy replaces prior Mount Auburn Hospital Interim Visitor policies which were enacted during the COVID 19 pandemic.
Inpatient Visiting Hours
Medical-Surgical Units: 12-2 pm and 5-8 PM
Critical Care Pavilion: There are no specified visiting hours. Visitors are asked to call from waiting room before any visit. Two visitors are allowed at a time and at the discretion of the patient’s nurse.
Wyman 2, Psychiatry: 1-5 pm
Visitors will be encouraged to limit the duration of their visits to one hour.
Waiting: In order to provide a safe environment and maintain social distancing visitors and escorts may be redirected to wait in certain areas that are not within the appointment area.
Information for Visitors
- Mount Auburn Hospital will allow each patient to have one visitor or escort. Inpatients will be allowed one visitor at a time between 12-2 pm and 5-8 pm.
- Mount Auburn Hospital does not restrict, limit or otherwise deny visitation on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability or status as a veteran. All visitors may enjoy full and equal visitation privileges, consistent with the patient’s (or support person’s, when appropriate) preferences.
- All visitors will be screened for symptoms of possible COVID 19 infection (fever, cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, chills, body aches, or new onset of loss of taste or smell). Individuals with any symptoms are not permitted in the building.
- Visitors and escorts will be required to wear a face mask at all times.
- Mount Auburn Hospital may prohibit visitation on a case-by-case basis if a patient is COVID 19 positive or shows symptoms of COVID-19 or if visitation poses a significant infection control risk to the patients, visitor, or staff.
- There may be other circumstances where variation from this policy may be appropriate as determined by the clinical care team.
- Birth partners, parents of patients under 18, attorneys of patients, and companions for patients with intellectual and/or physical disabilities are not considered visitors, but must be screened.
No visitors under the age of 18 are allowed in the hospital unless the visitor is a child of the patient, in which case they must be over 12 years of age.
- Non-essential personnel are to be restricted, e.g. sales vendors who do not provide direct patient care